Winter climbing in Scotland
No matter which level we choose – mixed climbing in Scotland means just one thing: commitment!
But it is definitely worth it. The impressions and experience are unique and not comparabale to the Alpes. Winter climbing with ice picks and crampons is a popular sport in Scotland. It is basically everywhere that roped parties take the routes up to the peak.
And so do we!
January and February are ideal for mixed climbing in Scotland. But one can climb from December until March if the weather conditions are good.
Flight from Basel to Edinburgh and onward journey to Aviemore. We stay in a lodging where we cook for ourselves.
We do our first steps in front of the door in the Cairngorms. Further challenges are to be expected on Ben Nevis, in the Glencoe Valley and on Beinn Eighe.
Based on my experience with Scotish winter climbing and regarding conditions and wishes of my guests, I will choose suitable routes and toures for the participants.
On days of rest participants have several alternatives:
- Visit of a Whisky distillerie with degustation
- A city trip to Edinburgh or Inverness, the portal into the Highlands
- Visit of a local brewery
Transfer to Edinburgh airport and return flight.
03.-12.01.2020 (10 days
If desired the date may vary or be shortened to 7 or 8 days.
- 1 participant 10 days: 6’950.- CHF
- 2 participants 10 days: 3’575.- CHF per person
- mountain guide (IVBV)
- daily expenses for mountain guide
- technical material
- emergency equipment
- individual flight to Edinburgh from Basel
- hired car
- rental flat
Not included in price
- supplies of food and beverage on-site
- costs for alternative programmes
Insurance is the participant’s own responsibility.
There are toures on all levels of difficulty – for beginners and advanced persons. With the following basic requirements you are in:
- confident going on rock and snow with crampons
- solid condition for 1-4 hours of apporach (excl. climbing)
- delight in Scotish winter weather 🙂
If you have questions or wish further information about my offer you can either fill in the contact form below or contact me by phone.